Friday 30 March 2012

Guilty Pleasure - Eurovision Special

Here we are folks. The next entry in my Eurovision countdown.

No 9 It's All About You by Juliana Pasha (Albania)


Albanian singer Juliana Pasha represented her country for Eurovision 2010 and came a very disappointing 16th place.
2 songs stood out for me in 2010's contest. This one and the entry from Iceland which finished 19th. Both songs were well staged, with the singers giving it their all and both received rapturous applause.
Why their scores were so disastrous is a mystery to me and just shows how different a countries taste in music can be.
Maybe it's my taste that is strange as the UK only gave Albania 1 point. Could it have been Juliana's uncanny resemblance to Jane Beale from Eastenders that cost her points with the UK's voters?
Personally, I felt that she should have finished top 3 and it is a travesty that she did not.
  
So why has this song ended up in my top 10? Because it's a fantastic dance song full of energy and great vocals with good backing vocals too, that's why. Plenty of songs were sung on the night but it was this that stole the show for me.  

Germany won the contest with a rather dull song called Satellite and that is all I have to say about that one.

Until next time, I bid thee farewell.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment